This month, I was lucky enough to sample some of the March Primo Picks from HEB. If you're in Texas, you probably love HEB! One of their Primo Picks this month was Better Than Good Bacon Jam. And, like the name implies, it is Better Than Good! It was so good, it inspired this Bacon-Wrapped, Stuffed Pork Tenderloin. Roasted or Grilled, this dish is sure to be a hit. I roasted it, because I don't know nothin 'bout working no grill (no, really. I don't). But, you feel free to pick your favorite cooking method.
Bacon-Wrapped, Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
(Printable Recipe Here)
1.5 lb Pork Tenderloin
6 Slices of Bacon
Better Than Good Bacon Jam
4 oz Cream Cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
1) Cut a slit, 3/4 of the way down, through the center of your pork tenderloin
2) Mix 1/2 the jar of Bacon Jam with cream cheese, until smooth
3) Stuff cream cheese mixture into the pork tenderloin. Rub remaining mixture on the surface of the tenderloin
4) On a roasting pan, place 6 strips of bacon. Place tenderloin on top of bacon
5) Wrap bacon tightly around tenderloin
6) Cover pan with foil and place in a preheated, 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and check the internal temperature (of meat- not stuffing!) with a meat thermometer. Cook until 145 degrees, internally.
7) If desired, place tenderloin under broiler for several minutes until bacon browns and gets crispy
8) Remove from oven and cover with foil. Let pork sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. This will keep your pork perfectly moist!
Only 4 ingredients and you've got yourself a yummy dinner! My hubby loved this. As did my 3 year old! Sometimes she isn't a huge meat eater, but she cleaned her plate after this dish :)
If you live in Texas, go get yourself some of this Better Than Good Bacon Jam. And, if you don't live in Texas, maybe you could sub out this jam for any jam that's sweet and salty.
And, don't forget to check out the Primo Picks from HEB! Every month, HEB has a new set of delicious foods and drinks. Such a fun way to try new things!
**I received products and compensation from HEB for this post, but all opinions are 100% mine