Back in November, I shared my experience at a Havertys Home Fashion Workshop, all about entertaining for the holidays. It was such a fun morning and I learned several tips, which I used all through the season.
Today, I'm excited to tell you that Havertys has released their 2014 workshop schedule and it kicks off on February 22nd with tips on home organization!
In honor of the Havertys 2014 home workshops, I thought I'd share a few tips I learned from my visit in 2013:
1) Pick accent furniture that can be used in multiple ways. The coffee table above also serves as a comfortable ottoman, for kicking up your feet. Likewise, the small upholstered stools can be clustered together to serve as a bench at the foot of your bed and then separated to add extra seating in your living spaces (brilliant!).
2) Throw pillows can be quickly changed from season to season to inexpensively update the look of your living spaces.
3) Blankets add cozy warmth to your home and are also practical on chilly nights. Lighter weight blankets can be swapped out when the weather begins to warm.
4) The entryway can be beautiful and functional. Place a bowl, decorative tray or basket on your entry table for a convenient way to contain keys and/or mail.
5) That same entry table bowl, tray or basket can also contain seasonal items throughout the year (think pinecones in Fall, ornaments in December, Easter eggs in Spring, fresh flowers in May. You get the idea!)
Wouldn't you like to visit a Havertys Home Fashion Workshop this year?! Seriously, grab a girlfriend and have a little ladies' morning out. At the October 2013 workshop, I enjoyed some yummy snacks, gained some helpful home tips and even left with a bag of SWAG (including the prettiest candle holder!). Personally, I'm looking forward to attending another workshop very soon!
Here's the 2014 schedule, so you can mark your calendars:
- February 22: Organization
- April 12: Staycation
- June 14: Decorating ABC's
- August: Fan Cave
- October 18: Style vs. Trendy
- November 22: Rooms: Blah to Beautiful
Make sure you follow Havertys on Facebook to keep up with all ins and outs of these fun events!
For more information on Havertys workshops, visit havertys.com
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Havertys. The opinions and text are all mine.