Recently I was able to take some much-needed me time and attend one of the Home Fashion Workshops at Havertys. It was so much fun learning tips and ideas for hosting guests this holiday season! Today, I thought I'd share a few of those tips with you.
The entryway is the first thing that will greet your guests this holiday season. I loved what the Havertys crew had to say about creating beautiful entries:
- Use what YOU love. If that means a mix of styles and finishes, go for it! The best way to make a home feel warm and inviting is by personalizing it to your style.
- Add bowls, trays or decorative containers and, fill them with seasonal items such as pinecones, ornaments or fruit. This is an inexpensive way to add holiday decor to your entryway!
- Lamps and mirrors are great ways to create a light and bright entry in your home. And, light & bright = inviting!
When hosting guests this holiday season, it's the small touches that make a difference. A few ideas to remember:
- Throw blankets and soft pillows add comfort and warmth for your guests. Add them to the living spaces and guest bedroom, so your company always has a cozy spot to relax!
- Changing your throw pillows seasonally is an inexpensive way to change the look of a room from holiday to holiday.
- Adding lightweight storage cubes or stools is the perfect way to increase your seating when guests arrive.
- When fluffing your guest bedroom, consider placing a pretty tray with a few cups for water. What a simple and thoughtful touch for your visitors, don't you think?!
When the seasons change, it's not hard to add a few fun touches to each room.
- In the dining room, a pretty serving piece can hold pinecones and apples for fall and ornaments and pinecones for winter.
- Even the bedroom can get dressed up for the holidays. A glass bowl full of pinecones is easy and inexpensive!
- Scatter a few pinecones in various trays throughout your house. Combine beautiful sparkly items with rustic, natural elements for a warm, collected feeling in your home.
How will you make your home inviting for guests this holiday season? Reply below for a chance to win $1,000 to brighten your holiday season! Official Sweepstakes Rules
**This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Havertys. The opinions and text are all mine.