A while back, I shared this tutorial for a monogrammed bow-holder with the lovely readers over at Lil' Luna. And, today, I'm sharing it here! I'm sure you all know by now that I'm the momma to an adorable, bow-laden little girl. She's very girly and LOVES her bows. Of course, I had to come up with a cute way to wrangle them, didn't I? Enter this project!
Bow Holder with Monogram & Chalkboard
-unfinished picture frame (in a fun shape!)
-acrylic paint in desired shade
-clear chalkboard coating (I used DecoArt brand)
-2 coordinating scrapbook papers
-stencil set with desired monogram
-pencil or pen
-pretty ribbon in desired length
-match or candle
-hot glue gun
1) Gather supplies
TIP: I like to paint small items on freezer paper because the clean-up is a breeze!
2) Paint your unfinished frame in whatever color you desire. Let it dry for the time specified on paint packaging
TIP: You can also use a ready-made frame in a fun shape or finish!
3) When the frame is totally dry, brush on your chalkboard finish (pay close attention to the directions on the packaging!)
4) Take the frame backing and use it as a template to cut out a piece of scrapbook paper
5) Take coordinating paper and trace your monogram to the back-side of it (remember to flip the monogram when you trace it!)
6) Use a glue stick to attach your cut monogram to the center of the coordinating paper
7) When your frame is completely cured (at least 24 hours), take a piece of chalk and "prime" the chalkboard surface by rubbing chalk over the it. Wipe off with a paper towel and use chalk to write a sweet message
8) Cut two pieces of ribbon to the desired length. Seal unfinished ends by melting them with the heat from a flame. Use your hot glue gun to attach the ribbon to the backside of the frame
9) Hang up bow holder and add your bows!
This was a super easy project to complete and I love how it turned out! It's practical and pretty. I also think this would make a great baby gift for a mom-to-be who's expecting a little girl. And, oh how I love handmade gifts! :)