Hi everyone! I’m Cindy from Little Miss Celebration and I am beyond excited to be sharing a project here at 52 Mantels! It was so sweet of Emily to have me here today. I’ll bet a lot of you are just like me and SO ready for Spring! It’s totally not too early for some cute, Spring art that could be perfect on your Spring or Easter mantel, or a bright spot of color for your wall. I happen to love pink and green, though you can put this project together in your favorite, Spring colors. The real star of our project is this whimsical, textured bunny, made with Chinese gimp and sporting a bright, colorful bow. He’s super easy to make with our template, so let’s get started!
Here’s what we need for our bunny:
- Bunny template (Open, save and print the full-sized template here. Bunny Template)
- Medium weight chipboard or heavy cardboard
- About 3 /12 yards of Chinese Gimp (Purchased at Joann; I bought mine in white, but it’s available in cream. It was $1.49/yard and I used a 40% off coupon!)
- Low temp glue gun and glue sticks
- About 24” of 1” satin ribbon (I used a bright, two toned Spring green!)
Here's a photo of our pretty, Chinese gimp.
gimp covered bunny looks.
I just love how bright, colorful and cute this piece turned out and he’s going to be the first piece on my Spring mantel! I hope you like this little bunny and I would love to see what projects YOU make with it! I have had the best time being here today with all of you! A warm welcome to each of you to visit me at Little Miss Celebration any time! A big hug and heartfelt thanks to Emily!
A little about me:
I am a wife and mother of a fabulous son and daughter, both in their twenties. I love holidays and celebrations of all kinds and making, baking and growing things for all of them. Rediscovering craft products and techniques from the past and putting a fresh spin on them for today is another thing I love to do on my blog. Most of all, I LOVE sharing and encouraging everyone to find and express their own, special creativity. Life is about making friends, sharing and laughter, and I would love your visit to Little Miss Celebration!
A few of my favorite recent projects:
1) How to Make Candy Coated Valentine’s Oreos
2) How to Make a Salt Shaker Angel (Valentine and Birthday Versions!)
3) How to Make Paper Twist Rose Creations
4) One of a Kind Scrapbook Wedding Favor
Thank you so much, Cindy- that project is too cute!
Be sure and check out all of Cindy's fun projects over at Little Miss Celebration!